Friday, December 6, 2013

Baked Oat "Muffins"

Happy holidays! I hope that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much! I definitely enjoyed my holiday. I love spending time with family and eating good food. I did enjoy a few cheat meals over the holidays and definitely recommend indulging yourself every now and then. You should never deprive yourself of anything! It will only lead to terrible binges! I have learned the hard way. Planning on a day to cheat is recommended by a lot of people in the fitness community!

Now on to the recipe. This is another one of my favorite go-to breakfast foods. They remind me of eating muffins (which I often miss). They are quick and easy to make and you can easily heat them up in the morning for a quick and filling breakfast. I have made these many ways and love to add blueberries to them. I either eat them alone (usually two for breakfast) or with yogurt (0% plain Greek of course) and fruit. Some people like to eat it with milk as well. These are very low in fat, which is great for those on a low fat diet. I will plan to go into more detail of what a typical day of food looks like for me at a later time.

So. These are the ingredients you will need:



3 cups oats
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 egg white
1 whole egg
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*I added in a few sprinkles of nutmeg

Combine all ingredients together and mix with a spoon or spatula. 


It should look something like this when completed:


Spoon into a muffin pan until distributed evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.


This recipe will make 12 "muffins." Very easy, right? Try it and let me know what you think!

Estimated Nutritional Info for One “Muffin”:
125 Calories
2g Fat
24g Carbs
2g Fiber
10g Sugar
3.5g Protein



No comments:

Post a Comment