Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snack Attack


I wanted to talk about snacking. Some think that snacking is not allowed when trying to lose weight. That cannot be farthest from the truth!! Depending on yor fitness goals eating regularly can be very important. I tend to eat every 2-3 hours and have at least 3 snacks a day. 

Of course your snacks should be healthy, low in fat, low in added sugars, etc. These are the snacks that I tend to buy the most. Usually I will find something I like and stick with it. So, here are my favorite snacks of the moment. 

1. Fruit


I have a serious sweet tooth and I use fresh fruit to satisfy it. Strawberries are my favorite fruit of all time! I've loved them since I was a young child. Grapes are also a deliciously sweet snack that I eat often. Other fruits I enjoy include cuties, apples, and blueberries. 

2. Hummus


Need I say more?? Hummus is so great and can be enjoyed with fresh vegetables. I prefer to eat my hummus with baby carrots. I also enjoy eating my hummus with smart pita pockets. 


3. Baby carrots


As I've a least mentioned I love eat if baby carrots with hummus, but I also love eating them with other things, including salsa, guacamole, and lite cheeses. 


I have found that baby carrots can often be a great clean and healthy replacement for chips or crackers. 

4. Hard boiled eggs


Eggs are an excellent source of protein. I eat a lot of eggs. Sometimes I will eat just the whites, while other times I will eat them whole. Either way eggs are good for you, especially when boiled. 

5. Rice cakes 


I almost forgot about one of my favorite snacks! Rice cakes are great plain or topped with different things, including mustard, salsa, or peanut butter (or other types of nut butters). It's fun to get creative with rice cakes. They make a wonderful canvas!

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks? I'm always looking for new ideas!

2 comments:

  1. These are great snacks. I need to make sure that I keep some of these on hand because this is where I have been messing up lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a try! I still struggle with the snacks sometimes.

      Delete