Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Green Smoothie Recipe

Good morning, ladies! 14 days until Christmas!!! Are you ready?? I still have a LOT of Christmas shopping to do. Most actually! I am a procrastinator to the fullest!


Anyway, I just wanted to share my smoothie recipe with you all today. I love this recipe and generally drink this as my morning snack on the way to work. Adding the raw oats makes the smoothie a little more filling and gives it some substance. Adding spinach also allows you to increase your veggie intake for the day. I definitely recommend this as a snack. This is a high sugar smoothie due to the fruit, so keep that in mind. If I have this smoothie I usually don’t eat anymore fruit for the day. It is also high in carbs due to the oats as well as the fruit.  

Ingredients:
½ banana
1 handful fresh chopping spinach
1/3 cup berries of choice (frozen or fresh)
About ½ cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ cup raw oats

Combine all ingredients in blender (I use a personal sized blender). Blend for about 1 minute and enjoy! 


The key to this smoothie is the green color. If it’s not green then you didn’t add enough spinach!


Nutritional Info:
243 calories
47g carbs
4g fat
8g protein
15g sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment